Saturday, June 14, 2014

Jung's Typology Test

     The Jung Typology Test really did a number on summarizing my personality and who I am as a person. It said my personality type is ENTP. It caught everything down to things I like to do on my free time like solve puzzles and work with intellectual "toys." It got how I catch myself starting arguments, good or not, just for sport to prove my skill in debating certain points. It said that this can aggravate those who don't understand that it's just for sport. It mentioned that I am capable of bonding very closely and suddenly with loved ones and can very easily spot a kindred spirit. 
     I honestly don't think this will help me much as a student or a writer just because of the fact that I already knew these things about myself. I already knew how to view these aspects of my personality and how to apply them as well as control them. I could see this being very useful to someone who was not able to look inside and see the different aspects of their personality. This could help someone unlock more doors to their success as a writer because they would be able to apply more of their personality to their writing.
     This test should be given to more students as well, not only those in writing classes. They would be able to find answers to so many questions about themselves and be able to apply themselves in everything they do, not just writing. This could assist high school students with discovering which path they would like to go on with their future. I feel this would have really helped me when I was still in high school because I was going nowhere back then. 

2 comments:

  1. Korey,

    I also knew my personality before I took the Jung Typology test because as I was reading the results I was thinking this is me in Print. I think it will help me though because it was a reminder to me to look at those things in myself and to use them to be a good student and writer. I definitely agree with you that they should give the test to high school students to help them pick a path to follow as they graduate and move into the world. I actually did take the test my junior year and it said the same things this one did so I found that exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korey - Understanding the meanings and applications of the type indicators will help you to better reflect upon their properties as it applies to you. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete